Call for High Impact Hiring Plan Proposals

Dear colleagues,

UCI’s faculty is key to the quality, reputation and impact of our academic mission. On Oct. 5, I announced a robust portfolio of central hiring initiatives targeted toward meeting our strategic goals. The High Impact Hiring Plan is one component of our intended expansion. As part of our ongoing assessment, I received valuable feedback from the faculty regarding the level of effort required for successful HIHP proposals. I invite you to participate this year in a slightly, but importantly, modified proposal process.

Your first step is to contact Judith Stepan-Norris, vice provost for academic planning, at 949-824-6503. She will meet with you as you begin to prepare your proposal to evaluate its fit within the HIHP and discuss ideas.

Complete proposals are due to the Office of Academic Planning by 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2017, and should be submitted electronically as a comprehensive package to acadplan@uci.edu. Proposals received after the due date will not be considered. Please visit the HIHP website, which contains the program description, full instructions (PDF), previous calls for proposals and other information.

If you have any questions about this process or resubmitting previously declined proposals, please contact Judith Stepan-Norris at jstepann@uci.edu.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping us identify and recruit this new group of outstanding faculty leaders.

Sincerely,

Enrique Lavernia
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science